Saturday, October 20, 2012

Weekend Disappointment - Missing B & B's Wedding


Kyle and I were suppose to be guests at a dear friends wedding in Atlanta right now. But unfortunately we are sitting at home watching football in our typical weekend clothes instead of wearing the black tux and beautiful black dress we should have on. One of Kyle's groomsman's, Baxter Underwood, is marrying his beloved Brittany today whom we still can't wait to meet. It's amazing to see how when God brings the right person into one's life, two really become better than one. Kyle and I can already tell without having the privilege of meeting Brittany yet that she has really added so much to Baxter's life. God is really good! 

Here is the disappointing story to why Kyle and I are not at B & B's wedding. I had my 32 week doctors appointment on Wednesday; baby Taplin is growing right on schedule based on my measurements and weight gain (which I am not going to disclose the grand total thus far). However I had some concerns with a decrease in movements from Taplin and a change to his normal schedule plus an increase in Braxton Hicks contractions (my belly has been tightening about every hour). The doctor put me on the monitor and the sweet boy didn't move at all within the 30 minutes of observation. So I was sent for an ultrasound finding out that everything is perfect and the stubborn boy finally decided to move (I am assuming he was getting tired of being probed). I still didn't really ask the doctor if it was okay for me to travel this weekend assuming that a 45 minute flight to Atlanta wouldn't hurt me or the darling boy. 

The next part leaves me to believe that the Lord was telling Kyle and I a big "NO". Kyle went to check us into our flights on Thursday and found out that our flights to Atlanta had been booked for the weekend before. I figured there would be a solution to our problem so I proceeded to get on the phone with Airtran. I convinced the girl to retrofit our tickets and give us a credit hoping we could put it towards another flight. As Kyle and I searched every airline looking for a reasonable priced all we came up with was $1600 for us both round trip. Ugh... that was not in our price range. So we figured we would endure the 14 hour round trip drive to make it to both the rehearsal dinner and wedding.

The more we discussed and thought about it and took everything from this week into consideration we made the decision that this 8 months pregnant girl didn't need to go anywhere. I have been grounded in Florida a week earlier than expected but trusting that God's will and plan were better than ours and he thwarted the plans of this stubborn girl. So here we are in Winter Park for the weekend and so disappointed we aren't in Atlanta to celebrate the marriage of our darling friend, Baxter to his bride Brittany. Cheers from afar to B & B...  until our rendezvous in the springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment