Thursday, November 8, 2012

Awaiting Robert "Taplin" Bourne




Pregnancy is a very interesting process. The 1st trimester feels like it is never going to end with the morning sickness, the new adjustment to increased hormones, and new found anticipation of how this addition is going to change our lives. The 2nd trimester is filled with preparation, excitement, nesting, and a new found energy level. Well and then the 3rd is filled with joy, expectancy, a decreased energy level, and a growing belly (which brings adjustment to comfort level in sleep).

As my due date progressively gets closer, Kyle and I are anxious to meet our darling boy and to see his sweet face in person. I have found myself working on a "Baby To Do List" of items to get accomplished before Taplin arrives. A friend sent me a cheat sheet which has been helpful so I don't forget some things with this silly oh pregnancy brain I have developed. Oh and I am trying to not get nervous about delivery, so there are additional prayers added to my list for the whole process of the next 36 days. I am just thankful to have several girls to walk through this season with me who have either experienced this prior or are currently experiencing it. Needless to say here is a small tidbit of what's on my mind for today and what do get done in the next 14 days so I am well prepared as I am hoping Taplin makes his debut on December 7th.

My goal for the next two weeks:
House ~ 
Finish our Master Bedroom - painting and bedding for our new bed
Fix our lighting issues (this has been on the to do list since we moved in to our home) 
Finish the Nursery - hang artwork and organization
Finish Bonus Room - organize bookcases 
Finish Hanging Artwork and Mirrors - entire house 

Prep for Delivery ~ 
Installation of Car Seat
Pack bags for RKB, KEB, and RTB
Figure out which camera to take to the hospital
Stock pantry
Draft an Email with family and friends to share news with
Finish Purchasing any necessities for  RTB
Wash 0 - 3 months clothes and blankets

Other ~ 
Decorate for Christmas
Finish Thank you Notes from Orlando & Dallas shower 
Print Maternity Photos 






No comments:

Post a Comment